Monday, April 4, 2011

Changes

Today was my first day back at work after being on maternity leave for a mere 6 weeks.  Yes, I would have like to taken longer, but my circumstance and job did not allow me to take any more time.  It was quite difficult for me to return to work and leave Benjamin, but too I understand change has come about and I must embrace it openly.   With that,the past 6 weeks have brought about so many changes, I cannot begin to ever fathom it.  I have also learned an important part of change, and that is, where there is change there is also patience.  Some examples:
  • Change of a new baby, patience needed in getting sleep, feeding schedules, learning his needs and wants
  • Changes in family life, patience needed in learning your spouses needs, your families needs, in-laws needs, scheduling visits, vacations, date nights
  • Changes in jobs, require patience to accept the changes and await when they are going to take place. 
  • Overall change requires patience to accept the inevitable which you cannot change. 
I have not been praying for patience specifically but I have been praying for the specific scenarios in each area of change in my life that God will bring his will and guide and direct my life.  Also for God to bring understanding about change and patience and how they impact my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment