Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Otis Spunkmeyer Challenge

Have you ever bought the Otis Spunkmeyer cookies at the grocery store?  They have very specific instructions on cooking: 325 degrees for 18-20 minutes.  And to truly capture the goodness of the cookie, you have to cook them in my oven at 325 degrees for exactly 18 minutes.  So I put my cookies in and set my trusty timer.  This is where my challenge comes in: What can I do in 18 minutes!

Each day at work, it my seem like it takes forever to go by.  Then there is the old quote "Time flies when your having fun", So I have taken the Otis Spunkmeyer Challenge.  What can I accomplish in my house in 18 minutes.  There are some sample items I do that you may can do in your Otis Spunkmeyer time!

  • Empty Dish strainer
  • Empty All Trash cans in the house
  • fold 2 loads of clothes
  • clean out Benjamin's clothes
  • Clean out 1 drawer in my room
  • Take a full 16.5 minute shower
  • clean out mail
  • update Calendar
  • Write blog post and check email
Now there are many other things to do.  Each time I make these cookies I challenge myself to see just what I can get accomplished in this time.  For me its like a reward for my cookies- How fun :) 

So my challenge to you is make the most of your 18 minutes and see what you can get accomplished.  For me its become a game and too a rewarding one!

No comments:

Post a Comment